El Cortijo Antiguo -
Albuñuelas, Lecrin Valley Property, Granada :
5 Bedrooms (+1 bedroomed annex) sleeps 2 to 13 : Gentleman's farmhouse in glorious location with wonderful garden, solar-heated pool,
daily cleaning. Bed and breakfast by room, or whole house rentals available.
» Booking Enquiry Form
Property - Local Facilities
El Cortijo Antiguo sits high above the little white village of Albuñuelas, in the Lecrín Valley. The spectacular views down to the village and to the mountains beyond are one of the reasons the owner, an artist of some renown, and his wife chose to make this their home.
The steep approach, through olive, orange and lemon groves and past spectacular mountain gorges, offers a stunning view of the muted sienna facade of the farmhouse, dwarfed by an ancient Aleppo pine and (though not seen from the cortijo) the area is dominated by the snow-capped Sierra Nevada. Paths from the Cortijo lead though terraces of almond and olive trees to pine woods and mountain streams and link up with a winding road to the sea amidst some of the finest landscapes in Andalucia.
The old farmhouse itself, once neglected and in desperate need of repair, has now been lovingly restored to its former glory. Five individually decorated bedrooms - four double and one single - all with en suite bathrooms - ensure comfortable accommodation.
The facilities at the house also include mature gardens, a pleasant patio, and a large swimming pool overlooking the valley. For most of the year it is possible to enjoy breakfast on the patio or on the long terrace with views over the valley.
The garden itself is one of the sublime features of the house. The garden is not tamed into orderly borders. Rather, there is an unruly beauty about the wild irises clustered haphazardly around the almond tree and scattered ceramic pots. It is divided into three distinct areas:
- The wide front terrace overlooking the village, valley and mountains is a marvellous spot for al fresco meals (this also overlooks the orchard where figs, oranges, lemons, tomatoes and peppers are grown and guests are welcome to help themselves to anything in season).
- The side garden with swimming pool (8x4m, with perpendicular steps).
- The rear courtyard where there is a rose festooned arbour with dining table.
Cortijo Antiguo offers perfect rural retreat for a holiday or weekend break in any season of the year.
Weekly Rentals sleeps 2 - 13
||Price per room per night
||B & B Double
||B & B Single
|Jan/Feb/March/April/May (excl New Yr & Easter)
|Oct/Nov/Dec (excl Xmas)
|June and Sept
|Long winter lets
Prices may vary slightly - will be confirmed at time of booking.Housekeeper and gardener included. Damage deposit and Heating supplement apply.
|Booking Terms »
/ Currency Conversion »
SEE MORE IMAGES?
- Large solar-heated swimming pool in beautiful setting
- Main house has 4 double bedrooms and 1 single (all ensuite)
- Annex has 1 double bedroom
- 2 extra beds can be provided for whole house rentals
- Centrally heated by gas and electricity
- Colour TV, DVD & Video recorder/player
- Telephone (incoming calls only)
- Laundry Room with Automatic washing machine, Tumble dryer & ironing facilities
- 2 Cots
- Clip-on high chair
- Cooking and babysitting by arrangement
- Spanish lessons, yoga sessions and poolside massage by arrangement
- Complete house rentals are also available for the perfect private gathering (Domestic help is included for 2 hours per day - more by prior arrangement).
- Welcome pack included for whole house rentals
- Evening Meals by arrangement
- Rentals are normally based on weekly periods
BED AND BREAKFAST PRICES
We have the following types of rooms available:
Suite (Double and adjoining single)
All rooms have private bathrooms. Prices include breakfast and IVA.
Please contact us for latest prices.
Please BOOK HERE or contact us for more details and the latest availability.